Oven-Roasted Duck Breast with orange sauce.
- Duck breast
- Orange zest and juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Brown sugar
- Lightly score the skins of the duck breasts with a sharp knife.
- Season both sides of breasts with salt and pepper.
- Lay the duck breasts, skin side down, in a heavy-based large frying pan with olive oil and place over medium-high heat.
- Cook until most of the fat has rendered and the skin is golden brown.
- Turn the duck breasts over and lightly brown the other side for one minute.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and roast the duck in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, then transfer to a warm plate and rest covered in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Put the fry pan over a medium heat and add the orange and zest juice, stirring to deglaze.
- Pour in the honey, sugar and brandy, bring to the boil and skim. Let bubble until reduced by half. Check the seasoning.