Crunchy outside soft inside mini donuts. These delicious pastries are perfect with an espresso!
- Water 225ml
- Butter 75gr
- Plain flour 100gr
- Eggs 3
- Eggs white 3
- Icing sugar 420gr
- Combine water, butter, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the flour, stirring continuously until you see the mixture become very smooth and come away from the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat. At 65° stir in the eggs and whisk until the mixture becomes smooth and sticky.
- Use a piping bag to make small donuts.
- Bake in a hot oven – 220°C for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 190°C and continue to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Place the egg whites bowl. With the K Beater running at minimum speed, gradually add the icing sugar, a little at a time.
- Continue adding the icing sugar until the mixture is stiff enough.