With this recipe the salmon turns out flaky, juicy and absolutely delicious with the homemade teriyaki sauce.
- Fresh Salmon
- Soy sauce
- Honey (chestnut)
- Olive oil
- Mirin ( or marsala)
- In a large recipient mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, mirin and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the recipient with the marinade. Cover with cling film and set aside in the fridge to marinate for up to 2 hours, but at least 20 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a dash of oil. When hot, add the salmon, skin side down, reserving the marinade.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the reserved marinade and cook for a further minute or so, until the salmon fillets are opaque halfway up the sides. Turn them over and cook on the other side for 2/3! minutes, basting with the sauce so that the salmon is well coated. Add a splash of water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve the salmon fillets spooning over any teriyaki sauce left in the pan.