Soft, golden and with a perfect shape, these buns are ideal for burgers, but also fine for any kind of sandwich.
- Warm water 180ml
- Butter 30gr, softened at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- Manitoba flour or all purpose flour 450gr
- Sugar 50gr
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 package instant yeast
Ingredients for egg wash
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp of milk
- sesame seeds
- Mix together all dough ingredients for about 10 minutes to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a floured bowl. Cover it with a towel and let rise for about 2 hours, until doubled in size.
- Gently deflate the dough, carefully roll into a log and cut into 8 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a disk, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick and about 3 in (8 cm) across.
- Place the buns on a baking sheet with parchment paper, cover, and let rise for about an hour, until very puffy.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Beat 1 egg with milk in a small bowl, using a fork, until mixture is thoroughly combined. Very gently and lightly brush tops of buns with egg wash without deflating the risen dough. Sprinkle each bun with sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 15 to 20 minutes.