Spaghetti with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella.
Ingredients serves 2
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella
- Spaghetti 200gr
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Chili pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 30 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil; salt . Add spaghetti, and cook until slightly underdone.
- Meanwhile, heat extra virgin oil in a large skillet over medium heat with garlic and onion.
- Remove garlic and add tomatoes and seasoning. Cover. Simmer 10 minutes until soft and all liquid has evaporated.
- Add in spaghetti with some pasta cooking water and finish to cook.
- During the last minute of cooking add basil and diced mozzarella.