The softest, fluffiest homemade cinnamon roll ever! This is the only recipe you’ll ever need.
First mixture ingredients
- 200gr Manitoba flour
- 200ml lukewarm milk
- 12gr brewer’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Second mixture ingredients
- First mixture risen
- 240 gr flour 00
- 1 yolk
- 80 gr sugar
- 80 gr butter
- Salt 1 tsp
- 70gr butter, at room temperature
- 13gr ground cinnamon
- 100gr packed light brown sugar
- 120gr powdered sugar
- 5gr vanilla extract or lemon
- Combine the ingredients for the pre-ferment dough: In the bowl of a standing mixer, stir the yeast into the warm milk and let it sit until dissolved. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and the flour and stir until it forms a shaggy dough.
- Cover the mixing bowl and let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
- In the mixer bowl with the risen pre-ferment dough, fit the dough hook and add flour, sugar, yolk, vanilla and salt. Mix on low speed to form a soft dough.
- With motor running add in the butter piece by piece. Knead for 10 minutes on minimum speed, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cover with lightly oiled clear film and leave to rise in a warm place for about 3 hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Punch down the dough and roll into a rectangle.
- In a small bowl combine butter with cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread butter cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle.
- Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. Use plain dental floss or a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 slices.
- Place on a parchment paper lined tray with 2 cm distance between them to allow them to rise.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let the rolls rise in a warm place for about one hour, until doubled in size.
- Bake the rolls at 180C for about 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Prepare the glaze. Mix powdered sugar with vanilla or lemon juice and warm water and before serving drizzle over the rolls.